These habits are important to keep the brain sharp

Photo by Josh Riemer on Unsplash

Regrettably, the average person uses only 2–3 percent of such a powerful brain in their lifetime, leaving the rest unused. And the scientific intelligentsia uses 11 percent to 12 percent. We can do all kinds of work in life using only 10 percent of the brain. Then it is understood that if we use the remaining 90 percent of the brain, we can do nothing more. Most of the time this powerful brain remains neglected. Among other things, we need to focus on the brain. Here are six natural and simple ways to sharpen your brain, according to experts.

1. Staying active and exercising regularly:

brisk walking, swimming, cycling, aerobic exercise will boost memory. As you grow older, your risk of developing a complex brain problem will be greatly reduced. However, from middle age, the list of physical exercises should be determined according to the advice of the doctor.

2. There are also brain exercises:

math or arithmetic, solving puzzles, programming, puzzle games, or playing chess. This is because new connections are made between the neurons through such exercises. And it keeps the brain sharp.

3. Following a healthy diet:

Avoid sugary or saturated fatty foods, fast food, fried foods, national foods as much as possible. Drink enough water. In general, doctors recommend drinking 8–10 glasses a day. Practice eating formalin-free fresh fruits and vegetables. It will be good for the body as well as the brain. Can get rid of cancer, diabetes, or heart problems.

4. Getting into the habit of being free from anxiety or stress:

Practicing to keep yourself normal even under a lot of stress will allow our brains to work independently. The rule is to go a little closer to nature from time to time. If you are in the city, you should take the time to visit a village some distance away.

5. Get enough sleep:

An adult needs 7–8 hours of sleep, depending on the age difference. Sleep makes the brain more active. A recent study has shown that the human brain is more active during sleep than when it is awake. Sleep cleanses the brain of toxins that accumulate after a normal day’s work or stress. Adequate rest purifies the brain cells. Freshness returns. The urge to do new things is created. There is no inertia when thinking. It is easy to make decisions spontaneously and smoothly. Short or long-lasting memory is sharpened.

6. Don’t forget to include antioxidant foods in your diet:

Dark grapes, pomegranates, garlic, etc. are rich in antioxidants. So first you need to know which foods are rich in antioxidants. Then include them in the diet chart.

7. Eating a diet rich in omega-3 fatty acids:

Omega-3 fatty acids play a vital role in counteracting the effects of aging. This special nutrient helps to maintain the balance of the brain and complete the work of the head properly throughout life. So we should find foods rich in omega-3 acids and include them in our daily diet. Such as tilapia, tuna, shrimp, salmon, soybean oil, canola oil, eggs, milk, pumpkin seeds, etc.

8. Another important part of the brain to be active in social life:

socializing with coworkers at work as well as spending time with friends, keeping in touch with relatives. Talking to others, discussing keeps the brain active and sharpens the power of thought.

--

--

--

Life is a feature that separates bodily entities from biological processes such as signaling and self-sustaining processes.

Love podcasts or audiobooks? Learn on the go with our new app.

Recommended from Medium

How a Workout App Changed my Life

10 Selfish Relationships Quirks That Are Totally Selfless

Woman in bath tub enjoying some self care.

Beginning, again

How Much Body Weight Do You Push-Up?

How Touching Yourself More Makes You Happier, Healthier, And Stronger

Woman standing with hands on hips wearing jeans and a crop top.

Fast Weight Loss Exercises

Micronutrients: What They Are & Why They Matter

Relaxing the Mind and Body

Get the Medium app

A button that says 'Download on the App Store', and if clicked it will lead you to the iOS App store
A button that says 'Get it on, Google Play', and if clicked it will lead you to the Google Play store
Life

Life

Life is a feature that separates bodily entities from biological processes such as signaling and self-sustaining processes.

More from Medium

Dopamine Fasting

3 Steps to becoming the best communicator you can be

Doing these things in the morning will change your life.